Last updated: July 2018
Here are all the posts I’ve written on the topic of money. Money is like an old man in a leaky boat; this is normally the sentence where I’d explain how money is like an old man in a boat but, really, it’s so obvious I wouldn’t want to insult you.
- Subscription Suspicion - Subscriptions have always been difficult to cancel, but I had a couple services take it to a new level recently. Put on your tin foil hats, it's conspiracy time!
- For The Price Of A Movie - How much do we pay for entertainment? How much should we pay? Should we compare those things to movie ticket prices? Find out more here!
- One Free Underpants Year - Take an entire year off, use that time to learn about investing, and you can end up with the same amount or more money in the end.
- The Price of a Coffee - Comparing the price of a digital product to that of a cup of coffee always makes my eyebrows move in a skeptical manner.
- The Importance Of Every $10 - A recurring monthly charge of $10 takes a shocking amount of time off of your retirement.
- Earning is for now. Spending is forever. - Why it's a bad idea to line your budget up with your income.
- Is The RRSP Contribution Limit High Enough? - RRSPs are a great mechanism for retirement savings but if you contribute the maximum allowed each year for your entire working life, will you have enough to retire?
- Joke purchases, Halloween candy, and our messed up value of money - I bought a funny domain name for this site and also I don't like Halloween. Somehow I connect those two things into one post.
- The $1,000 Shopping Binge - This is the story of a shopping binge. In four hours I spent more than I ever have on a month's rent.
- I hate paying money to spend my money; how I avoid bank fees - Bank fees make me angry and sad. I try to avoid them where I can but, sometimes, you've gotta buy a car.